Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/nothingmakesmehappier/nothingmakesmehappier.com/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/lib/tags.php on line 315 and defined in /home/nothingmakesmehappier/nothingmakesmehappier.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1275
Getting kids involved in the holidays can be super easy. Here are some of my favorite Thanksgiving ideas for kids. These creative projects and activites can be done prior to the Thanksgving holiday or as part of Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids Inspiration Board
- Gum Drop Turkey – This gum drop turkey is super simple to make – only requiring gum drops and toothpicks. This is a fun activity for kids both young and old. Once your gum drop turkeys are created – use them as decorations for the Thanksgiving table for the kids. Idea from Joys Thounts and Things.
- Felt Sucker Turkeys – Make these felt turkey suckers as a decoration for the kids tables. These turkeys are charming and simple to make. Idea from Parents.
- Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz – See how much your kids (or the adults!) know about Thanksgiving. This is a great little activity for everyone to participate in. Give the guest with the most answers right a Thanksgiving themed prize. Idea from One Charming Party.
- Turkey Crayon Holder – Matchup this simple-to-make turkey crayon holder with some cute Thanksgiving coloring pages and you have yourself an extra 10 minutes to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. Idea from Amanda Parker. Other turkey crayon holder ideas from Parents and How Does She.
- Thanksgiving Coloring Pages – How about holding a coloring contest for the kids? A Thanksgiving color contest will entice them to spend more time (yay!) coloring their Thanksgiving pictures. Coloring pages are a simple, inexpensive way to keep the kids occupied while dinner is cooking. Idea from Family Corner.
- Turkey Candy Corn Cookie – These turkey cookies are super cute and a great Thanksgiving favor that also doubles as a Thanksgiving table decoration. Idea from Choose to Thrive.
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft – This turkey paper plate craft is a simple activity that you can use to decorate the house and make it more festive. Idea from Meet the Dubiens.
- Edible Pilgrim Hat – This edible ice cream cone pilgrim hat is a cute way to hold a Thanksgiving treat / favor for your guests. Idea from Family Corner.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Craft – I LOVE this idea for keeping kids entertained during Thanksgiving dinner. I know my kids will love it because they are always tracing their hands when they are doodling. Great idea! Idea from The Idea Room.